The Simplicity Of Helping Others

Many years ago I lived in a small community setting of 200 homes. It was a time in my life when I was recovering from an illness. Daily I would for hours and hours walk the streets of that community. Over a short period of time I came to know all the residents. Soon after that I found myself doing little things to help the residents. You see, it was a senior citizen community.
 
I found myself performing little repairs for the community residents. Taking there trash out, helping them to carry their groceries, washing their cars, moving heavy items that they could not carry, and just the simplest of things. Soon after that I found myself ministering to many of the residents about God. As time passed, people would knock on my door and ask me to pray for their husband, or wife, or father or mother.
 
Within this I slowly watched God give me a ministry within that small community of senior citizens. Friendships were born and I found myself sitting on porches spending time with the elderly. It was an amazing time in my life.
 
There is great joy in the simplicity of helping others.
In His Glorious Name Ministries Online

No comments: